The 8thBeijing International Film Festival–Film Market will be held at Beijing International Hotel during April 18-20, 2018. In order to give project owners who want to participate a better understanding of the Film Market Project Pitches, we are going to answer some questions of general concern as follows.
What prerequisites are needed for registration?
1. It should be a full-length film with a complete, filmable script and a 5,000-word synopsis should be provided;
2. The filming has not yet begun, and financing has not been completed;
3. Priority will be given to projects which has never been involved in any other film market or project pitch.
4. The film should have the potential to be shown in China with a strong market potential.
5. The film needs to be of high commercial or artistic value.
What steps does the registration procedure require?
1. Visit the registration page of the 8thBeijing International Film Festival–Film Market Project Pitches
2. Complete the registration form (please supply a valid email and mobile number)
3. Submit complete project info.
What steps is the selection process composed of?
1. First-round selection
2. Second-round selection
3. Final-round selection and project roadshow (April 18)
How will you be informed of being qualified?
1. The list of qualified films will be announced on the official media of the Beijing International Film Festival–Film Market after the re-review ends
2. The Beijing International Film Festival–Film Market Film Market department will contact the project owner according to the “Applicant/Contact” provided in the registration form.
What should you do next after being informed of being qualified?
1. Prepare a 20-minute introduction & speech material
2. Participate in the “Project Pitches” roadshow as well as training, rehearsals and other activities related to the roadshow
3. Ensure a full day for business negotiation
4. Allowed to participate in other related activities of the 8thBeijing International Film Festival–Film Market
What awards will qualified films be likely to win?
1. The “Special Award”
2. “The Award for Highest Business Potential”
3. “The Award for Best Original Screenplay”
4. “The Best Creativity Award”
All qualified films will be given the title of “Excellent Venture Project.”
Note: Sponsorship awards will be added later. Please keep yourself updated via announcements made on the official media of the 8thBeijing International Film Festival.
Through adhering to the principle of “Sharing Resource, Winning the Future Together”, the Beijing International Film Festival–Film Market has been successfully running for seven years, and the 7thFilm Market created a new record with 712 projects registering in the Project Pitches and 26 events and activities, attracting a total of over 30,000 people; meanwhile, more than 1,500 companies and institutions engaged in film and related service from home and abroad participated. As one of the important activities of the Beijing International Film Festival, Film Market is committed to building a more open platform, organize more colorful events and provide more professional services for guests from China and all over the world, so it has won more acclaim and support.
Continue supporting us and join us!
Project Pitches registration URL:http://bfm.bjiff.com/2018/en/pitches-rule.html
If you have any query or need more help, please contact:
or contact the Beijing International Film Festival–Film Market department at +86-18500377391 +86-13051850034
Look forward to seeing you at the 8thBeijing International Film Festival!