Inject enthusiasm into living, record life with light and shadow. Inspire your mind, and express yourself via videos. Here’s a platform just for you. The Organizing Committee Office of the 9th Beijing International Film Festival (hereinafter referred to as Organizing Committee Office) initiates a Short Video Contest themed with “Blessing Our Motherland”, “Ode to Family Tradition”, “Growing Up in Light & Shadow”, “Impression of Nations” and “Daily Glories”. The Organizing Committee Office will collect 2-min to 10-min original short videos from netizens and film lovers to encourage people to live a positive and joyful life, and present awards and promotional platforms to excellent videos. Let’s soak up the sun and enjoy life!
Organizing Committee Office of Beijing International Film Festival
March 12 to April 1, 2019
1. Available Themes
“Blessing Our Motherland”, “Ode to Family Tradition”, “Growing Up in Light & Shadow”,
“Impression of Nations” and “Daily Glories”
2. Theme Interpretation
“Blessing Our Motherland”:
2019 marks the 70th anniversary of the founding of the People's Republic of China. We will work hard to press ahead! Since the 18th National Congress of the Communist Party of China, the development of cultural industries has been unprecedentedly prosperous, and a large number of high-quality film and television works full of patriotism continue to spring up. Patriotism has been lingering in the minds of all Chinese people. Please film our country in your special way and with love and best wishes to deliver the most sincere greetings to our great country.
“Ode to Family Tradition”:
Family tradition refers to the living style of a family, which is the long-term accumulation of cultural traits and ethical climate of the family. Good family traditions do affect the thoughts and behaviors of the whole family. A family could not be separated from the country. In response to the call of General Secretary Xi Jinping’s “establishing family traditions”, please present us some good family traditions in the form of short videos, showing a harmonious family atmosphere. We call for more people to join in the establishment of family traditions.
“Growing Up in Light & Shadow”:
After eight years of hardships, the Beijing International Film Festival stays true to its initial mission and becomes one of the most important platforms for the world film cultural exchanges. The Festival has brought more and more excellent film works to the public. High-quality film works enrich our lives, and carry our beautiful memories. Please show us the “indissoluble links” between you and films by your lens language, and tell us your recognition and understanding of the film.
“Impression of Nations”:
As it sings, “56 ethnic groups, 56 flowers”, China has five thousand years of rich and colorful history. To mark the 70th anniversary of the founding of the People's Republic of China, we’d love to see you filming our outstanding national cultures and customs, and show the charm of China, which could be a window to encourage more people to inherit and protect our excellent national cultures.
Since the 18th National Congress of the Communist Party of China, China’s socialist modernization has made historic achievements. The “Chinese Dream” allows all Chinese people to have the opportunity to succeed and fulfill their dreams. “Ordinary people” can also get their moments of glories. Please record the stories of people around you, such as the accommodating sanitation worker, the committed food delivery rider, the giving guard, and even the strict father, loving mother, etc., to share positive energies.
IV. Tips to Works
(1) The content should be positive, innovative, distinctive and rich in symbolic meaning, and able to reflect such themes as “Blessing Our Motherland”, “Ode to Family Tradition”, “Growing Up in Light & Shadow”, “Impression of Nations” and “Daily Glories”. In addition, the runtime of works shall not be less than 2 minutes.
(2) Video works should be well-conceived with color-coordinated presentations. The contents should be positive and inspiring with unique creativities. Strong visual effects, outstanding expression of the themes, and distinct sense of the ideology, art, infectivity and time are appreciated.
(3) The camera equipment is not limited to specific brands and models, including DV, Single Lens Reflex Camera and smartphone. It is encouraged to shoot in high-definition format. Clear images and normal colors are required. The audio can be recorded live or later, in Mandarin or dialect, and you can pick any software to post-process the video.
(4) The application must be original by the author. If you refer to other works, you must obtain the consent of the original author and indicate the source of elements of your work. The organizing committee office does not undertake any liability for any dispute arising out of portrait rights, reputation rights, privacy rights, copyrights, trademarks, etc. In the event of occurrence of the aforesaid disputes, the organizer are entitled to cancel your participation right, recover the award, and pursue legal responsibilities.
(5) Effective information includes names and contacts of authors shall be clearly proved in the submissions of their works.
(6) The Organizing Committee Office has the copyrights of the winning works, and has the right to request authors to modify their works. All entries can be promoted and communicated by the judging organization through any form of promotion. The authors participating in this Contest shall be deemed to agree that the works submitted can be communicated by the judging organization and their third party partners since the date of submission of the works.
V. Notes on Application
(1) The Contest is open to individual and group participants.
(2) Download the Application Form from the official website of Beijing International Film Festival, fill in the personal information, and send the Application Form attached with the original works to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(1) The Jury
Organizing Committee Office of the 9th Beijing International Film Festival
First Prize (1 winner): a reward of RMB 15,000
Second Prize (2 winners): a reward of RMB 800
Third Prize (3 winners): a reward of RMB 300
VII. Evaluation Processes
(1) Application of the Collected Works (March 12 - April 1)
By April 1, short video works will be collected from the whole society. Please submit your works, Application Form (see the attachment) and other materials at the same time.
(2) Announcement of Evaluation
Experts from the Organizing Committee Office of the 9th Beijing International Film Festival will conduct centralized evaluations on the submitted works, and pick out the most excellent works for panorama. The detailed list will be announced on the official website of Beijing International Film Festival.