On August 13 to 18, 2022, the Forward Future Section will be unveiled at the 12th Beijing International Film Festival (BJIFF). For the purposes of “discovering the new filmmakers around the globe in China’s view and encouraging originals on the new wave of films in the world”, the section strives to highlight the cultural connotations of films in various forms, and boost the exchange and communication among young filmmakers all over the world. All the first or second feature films are welcomed regardless of genre, type or style.
A total of nearly 600 films from 88 countries and regions received this year are to be reviewed by a jury composed of three world-renowned filmmakers, with Ning Ying, a Chinese director as the president, and Chui Mui Tan, a Malaysian director and Martti Helde, an Estonian director as members. 16 films will be shortlisted to compete for seven honors, namely “Most Popular Feature Picture”, “Most Popular Director”, “Most Popular Screenplay”, “Most Popular Actress”, “Most Popular Actor”, “Most Popular Artistic Contribution” and “Special Mention Film by the Jury”.
No great success was ever achieved without nothing and failure. At the very first day of career, every director tries to tell their own stories instead of depicting the world, just starting from their first feature film, and then the second and the third and so on. With the growing skills and maturing style, they could write down the most fascinating chapter of their own. The jury, at the Forward Future Section, is going to great lengths to discover all talented new filmmakers and their brilliant works.
- Call For Entry： The 13th Beijing International Film Festival 2022-11-01
- 12th BJIFF “Forward Future” Honors Are Presented—Global Young Filmmakers Compete for Honors 2022-08-19
- Enjoy “Fantastic” Films in Forward Future Section for “Future” Feast 2022-08-17
- Forward Future Section is about to Kick off; Let’s Take Glance at Extraordinary Creative Journey of New Directors! 2022-08-12
- News Today | Jury of Forward Future Section Announced to Discover Budding Filmmakers by Veteran Ones 2022-08-06
- “Forward Future” Section Announces Awards and Hosts Several Forums 2021-09-28
- Dream of Lights and Shadows Illuminating the ”Future” — Results of ”Forward Future” Section Revealed 2021-09-27
- “Demand for Chinese Film Talents and Talent Training in the New Era”--Academy Day Theme Forum Concludes Successfully 2021-09-24
- Shortlist of “Forward Future Section” Released with Diversified Global Vision and Rich Perspectives 2021-09-07