At the 11th BJIFF Market Screening, a total of 18 unreleased films including the types of suspension, feature and fantasy were collected for the screening. In the situation of strict COVID-19 pandemic prevention and control, many film and television companies as well as media were still attracted for the screenings. The producers of 4 Chinese films were present to have meet-and-greet with the industry insiders watching the films on the site. Many films received wide attentions after the screening to have further communication and cooperation with domestic filmmakers.
Unlike the industrial screenings of traditional international film festivals, the Beijing Film Market screenings more focus on the discovery of outstanding films. The registered films will not be screened for the industry insiders until they have been carefully selected by the organizing committee. The market screenings this year still followed the principle of high-quality films to bring more excellent and commercial films to the film market, so as to promote more possibilities for cooperation.
The conditions as below should be followed to apply for market screenings:
1. The preliminary film production should be completed at least after June 2020 with the finalized film available;
2. The length of film should be greater than 60 minutes;
3. The film should have definite copyright with the permission of relevant copyright owners to participate in the Beijing Market Screenings.
4. The films need cooperation in the aspects of copyright sales, financing, post-production, publicity and distribution.
5. The films shortlisted for the BJIFF Awards (such as the Competition Section, Forward Future Section and Pitching Projects Section) will enjoy the priority to participate in the market screenings.
6. The films used to have successfully participated in the Beijing Market Screenings will not be accepted in principle.
The films selected after successful registration should pay 2,000 yuan of service fee for the screenings. The exhibitors in the Beijing Film Market only need to pay 1,000 yuan of service fee for the screenings.
Please click the following website for the registration procedures and more details: