The 12th Beijing International Film Festival (BJIFF)-Beijing Film Panorama will retain its previous sections, and present a selection of more than 100 outstanding Chinese and foreign films in 18 cinemas from August 12 to 21, 2022 to offer rich and three-dimensional viewing experiences.
This year's "Beijing Film Panorama" has sections as follows:
Films shortlisted for the Tiantan Award and entries for the "Forward Future" section will be screened in the "Beijing Film Panorama". Audiences may book tickets at the earliest possible time for the films shortlisted for the Competition Section.
Dedicated to the 25th anniversary of Hong Kong's return to the motherland, the "BJIFF SPECIAL：MAKING WAVES - NAVIGATORS OF HONG KONG CINEMA" section features Hong Kong's new hit films and classics.
The "Special Screening" section will present several films, including Yang Shanzhou by Li Xuejian, Jury President of the Tiantan Award.
The "Restored Classics" section will present the digitally restored versions of classics like "Antoine Doinel Five Films" by François Truffaut, The Last Waltz, and The Moon Has Risen, to demonstrate world advanced film restoration technologies and salute film veterans.
The "Master Review" section will bring the Retrospective of Greek Master Theodoros Angelopoulos, the largest of its kind in mainland China.
The "Animations" section will present fine animations like Masaaki Yuasa's new hit-- INU-OH.
The "Carnival" section will innovatively feast filmgoers' eyes on the IMAX and Dolby Vision versions of classics. The "Blockbusters" subsection will offer several hits; the "DISCOVERY" subsection will present a set of exceptional science and education films in IMAX format at the China National Film Museum.
The "Global View" section bringing together outstanding films from around the world will put on overseas award-winning films and new hits like Alcarràs and Just Remembering. The sections of "Chinese Influence", "Women's Voice" and "Outlook" will present new and outstanding films worldwide as usual.
This year's "Beijing Film Panorama" will also deliver "Meeting the 20th CPC National Congress, Embarking on a New Journey" Public Welfare Film Screening, and still present outstanding theme films in collaboration with the Beijing International Sports Film Week and the Beijing Ethnic Film Festival. The "Online BJIFF" will be further innovated and upgraded with 9 sections presenting nearly 100 outstanding films. Again the "Beijing Film Panorama" will go out of Beijing to deliver "SEATOPIA SCREENING" in Qinhuangdao, Hebei Province.
The 12th BJIFF is around the corner. The "Beijing Film Panorama" will be with all filmgoers for an impressive and charming summer of films.
- 13th Beijing International Film Festival XR Section Calls for Entries 2023-01-11
- Call For Entry： The 13th Beijing International Film Festival 2022-11-01
- Rainy Autumn Equinox 2022-09-23
- Reveal Legend of Chinese Films from Filmmaker's Journey of Chasing 2022-09-11
- Two Most “Family-Themed” Films to Be Screened at the Mid-Autumn Festival 2022-09-09
- Registration for the First New Era Campus Songs Collection & Netcasting Starts Today Nationwide as well as in Hong Kong and Macau 2022-09-06
- Song of Spring, Winner of Media House Programme among Shortlists for Tiantan Award at 12th BJIFF 2022-08-21
- Awards for Competition Section, Tiantan Award at 12th BJIFF Released 2022-08-21
- This Memoir is for You 2022-08-20
- Legend Returns—The Godfather (50th Anniversary Dolby Vision Version) Screened! 2022-08-19